Sunday, April 11, 2010

Candaba

Candaba in April? Gotta be kidding!

Well it was a VERY warm day, right smack in the middle of summer and birding buddy Gabs and me went to Candaba to capture some simple birds that we have not gotten off our list. For me, I was looking for a chestnut munia and a bushchat.

The minute we got there, we were joined by birder extraordinairre Neon Rosell II, one of the top bird photographers in the country.

Here are some of my captures:

A pair of Greenshanks
Common Greenshanks by you.

A Little Egret
egret by you.

A Pacific Swallow
Pacific Swallow or Hill Swallow (Hirundo tahitica) by you.

A Yellow Bittern
bitern by you.

And of course.. my Grand Prize!!!

Chestnut Munia
Chestnut Munia by you.

Was already happy with these when I felt my mobile phone vibrate.. it was an SMS from Neon telling me that the rare migrant, a Taiga Bean Goose is in his scope.. so off I went!!!!

Got me this:
Anser fabalis sensu stricto by you.

Very nice eh? Got me my target bird (at least one of them) and a rare migrant.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment