Sunday, April 11, 2010

UPD Lifers

The UP campus in Diliman is really full of surprises.

It is not very often that I set out to capture images of a particular bird and come home with a grin.

Today is different as luck is on my side.

Following tips, I went to UP Diliman to take pictures of the Lowland White-eyes there. I spent over an hour searching in vain. Called up UP Professor DocMando and he guided me to where the birds were over the phone.

Got me these:
LLWE by you.
LLWEPair by you.

These little critters are INCREDIBLY SKITTISH!!! Would not stay in one place for more than five seconds. Almost not enough time to meter and take pics. BUT.. I decided to play it smart, as I noticed that they were eating.. I guessed enough that they would preen (clean themselves). So I waited while praying that they would preen in the tree that I was watching.

Then DocMando came and told me there was a nesting Barbet nearby so off we went and..
Coppersmith barbet by you.

What a day!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment